Would you be able to help make this happen? Click HERE for info!
I nearly didn’t go because I’d heard that it was pretty “gritty” and that – like The Blair Witch Project in 1999 – some guys in America had left the cinema because they couldn’t handle the intensity of what they were watching.
Still, wooed by curiosity and the acting excellence of Joaquin Phoenix, I decided to head to the cinema to give it a try.
How was it then that Joker transpired to be arguably the most powerful film I’ve ever seen? (more…)
Jesus. You might love Him. You might hate Him. You might reduce Him to fanciful notion and religious crutch. Jesus. Regardless, I have come to find Him to be irresistibly, insatiably and authentically Who He said He was: the Way, the Truth and the Life – the only reconciling way to know and embrace the Father. Jesus. Very God of Very God. His loving Presence unmistakeable, incomparable. His eternal, infinite reality transcendent over everything physical and emotional and spiritual, making perfect sense of our incomprehensible smallness. Jesus. He is Sanity in anxiety; He is all substance found in faith. I don’t think we really know what it means to abide in Him; I don’t think we really know what it means to pray. So much of life and so much of “church” conspires against these bread and butter inheritances. Some wittingly some unwittingly. Either way, I believe God wants to revive us through tears. No man lives via bread alone. Check out my vlog on prayer via my author’s page here and, if you haven’t already, grab a copy of Body Zero by clicking here.
Is there more to life than this? Heck yes. The supernatural life of a disciple of Christ… enough wasted time. We need to be radically prepared for His return.
This week I was stirred to offer a word from Romans 14 and Galatians 3 for those who find themselves worried or anxious – or speechless – following the recent news that Joshua Harris and Marty Sampson aren’t that bothered about Jesus at the moment.
If it was good enough at the beginning, it will be good enough at the end: “It is written…”
We’re living in days, and dealing with issues, in which videos that are only sixty or ninety seconds long won’t necessarily cut it. Therefore, in this video you’ll need your Bible and 25 minutes.
*Please share with a mate
Jesus is preparing His Body to be be able to prepare the world for His soon return – a radical Messianic preparation is underway. Where are you at?
Here’s the first of our ten-part VLOG series providing a little more nuance and tone for each of the ten chapters from the hard-hitting Body Zero book.
Why not study with a friend or even in a small group?
You can grab your books HERE
- Facebook/Twitter/Instagram are not worthy of more than a little of my time.
- Always bless those who persecute & don’t curse (lash back at) them in response. (Romans 12:14).
- Sharing compulsively via social media is a huge enemy of prayer.
- Speaking/writing remains absolutely essential. (Jeremiah 20:9).
- Expect misunderstanding and judgment especially from nominal, lukewarm, denominationally-blinkered Christians. (John 15:18-19).
- Love will always seem harsh & unloving to some.
- Don’t throw your pearls to pigs or feel like you need to explain yourself to those unsettled by what God is doing in your life. Pigs sometimes wallow in the Church too.
- Fear of man is a snare as much in the Church as it is on the streets (Proverbs 29:25).
- Read more, especially complex texts first thing in the morning and devotional material last thing at night.
- Divine Pathos explains everything.
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t care about my popularity or CV.
- Persistent emphases of my heart over decades are the fingerprints of the One who made me.
- Relational peace isn’t always possible – Jesus didn’t come to make us all best friends or even friends at all.
- Some people see things radically different from me. That doesn’t make them bad people but it does limit relational proximity.
- At no point in eternity will I ever feel like I was too intense about the second coming of Christ.
For those of you who follow my material, you may be interested to know that I’ve been working on a new manuscript due for completion at the end of January 2019. Check in on the blog for updates into February 2019.
Give me a man in love; he knows what I mean. Give me one who yearns; give me one who is hungry; give me one far away in this desert, who is thirsty and sighs for the spring of the Eternal country. Give me that sort of man; he knows what I mean. But if I speak to a cold man, he just does not know what I am talking about.”