- Facebook/Twitter/Instagram are not worthy of more than a little of my time.
- Always bless those who persecute & don’t curse (lash back at) them in response. (Romans 12:14).
- Sharing compulsively via social media is a huge enemy of prayer.
- Speaking/writing remains absolutely essential. (Jeremiah 20:9).
- Expect misunderstanding and judgment especially from nominal, lukewarm, denominationally-blinkered Christians. (John 15:18-19).
- Love will always seem harsh & unloving to some.
- Don’t throw your pearls to pigs or feel like you need to explain yourself to those unsettled by what God is doing in your life. Pigs sometimes wallow in the Church too.
- Fear of man is a snare as much in the Church as it is on the streets (Proverbs 29:25).
- Read more, especially complex texts first thing in the morning and devotional material last thing at night.
- Divine Pathos explains everything.
- The Holy Spirit doesn’t care about my popularity or CV.
- Persistent emphases of my heart over decades are the fingerprints of the One who made me.
- Relational peace isn’t always possible – Jesus didn’t come to make us all best friends or even friends at all.
- Some people see things radically different from me. That doesn’t make them bad people but it does limit relational proximity.
- At no point in eternity will I ever feel like I was too intense about the second coming of Christ.
For those of you who follow my material, you may be interested to know that I’ve been working on a new manuscript due for completion at the end of January 2019. Check in on the blog for updates into February 2019.