For the last few months we have been reading slowly and prayerfully through the book of 1 Corinthians – we’re calling it, The City of Temples.
Just earlier this morning, I dropped the seventeenth episode as we now walk through the door of chapter 7. Why not grab your Bible and listen here?
Having laid the biblical and theological foundation for marriage last week, this episode today now turns to Paul’s teaching on marriage and singleness in more detail.
We will spend at least two more weeks in this chapter because there is so much to get out of it!
– What did the Corinthians think of marriage and sex?
– Why was Paul’s teaching revolutionary not only for the wider Jewish/Roman culture but for the immature church?
– What of sexual intimacy and prayer?
– What primary strategy does Satan use to destroy marriages?
– How would it be good to examine our marriages?
– Whether married or single, what verse is the critical verse in understanding how Jesus wants us to be living at the end of the age.
If you would like to help support this podcast and the wider work we’re pioneering, we would be very grateful as we increasingly find ourselves at capacity in more ways than one. You can give here.