My friend, Andy, works with his family in East Africa to train and teach and preach the Bible. Here’s a refreshing blog article with concise, short and, yet, pointed advice for Biblical preaching.
- Clear – “declare to you…” (v2 cf. vv6-7, 11)
- Christ-centred – “…the gospel of God” (v2 cf. vv4, 8, 9)
- Careful – “our appeal does not spring from error… but just as we have been entrusted… so we speak” (vv3-4 cf. v13)
- Cutting – “not to please man but to please God who tests our hearts… we never came with words of flattery” (vv4-5 cf. vv12, 13)
- Compassionate – “Nor did we seek glory from you… but we were gentle among you like a nursing mother taking care of her own children… being affectionately desirous of you… you had become very dear to us” (vv6-8 cf. 11, 17-20)