Number nine Headland Park Road – Paignton 523610 – was a pink house, not originally, but it was distinctly, among the varying shades of beige and white of Headland Park Road. It was a big, semi-detached pink house, six bedrooms in all after losing one to gain another two in the loft. It had a green front door with a brass knocker on it that looked like Aslan, but originally it was blue. The house was called Mirador almost sounding as though, in fact, it was a Narnian house in our childhood Narnias. Continue reading
This week we wanted to share with you a fantastic new website known as Creative Kingdom, conceived and run by Rob and Cathy Browne. Their passion is to be an encouraging hub of creative genius, encompassing art, music, photography and writing.
One of their USPs as a website is the width and scope of variety in creativity that they promote, not specific to only one kind of artist or group, but inclusive of many. In that sense, Rob and Cathy are the King and Queen of the ubiquitous Creative Kingdom
My friend, Andy, works with his family in East Africa to train and teach and preach the Bible. Here’s a refreshing blog article with concise, short and, yet, pointed advice for Biblical preaching.
Originally posted on Watumishi wa Neno:
- Clear – “declare to you…” (v2 cf. vv6-7, 11)
- Christ-centred – “…the gospel of God” (v2 cf. vv4, 8, 9)
- Careful – “our appeal does not spring from error… but just as we have been entrusted… so we speak” (vv3-4 cf. v13)
- Cutting – “not to please man but to please God who tests our hearts… we never came with words of flattery” (vv4-5 cf. vv12, 13)
- Compassionate – “Nor did we seek glory from you… but we were gentle among you like a nursing mother taking care of her own children… being affectionately desirous of you… you had become very dear to us” (vv6-8 cf. 11, 17-20)
We tried the HIIT routine again today from last week and failed to move beyond interval 40. But technically we were better, which is progress!